Bratwurst and beer, castles and cathedrals, and centuries of history and skilled craftspeople. The time has come to pack your lederhosen for the wonderful lagers, landscapes, and lore of Germany. From world-class cities to half-timbered towns and romantic river valleys to fairytale forests, we've compiled the country's highlights for the ultimate Germany vacation. This encompassing tour of Germany kicks off in Frankfurt with a river cruise along the vineyard-dotted Rhine, picks up speed with a train ride from Cologne to Berlin, and then makes its way from the restored city of once war-ravaged Dresden to the best of Bavaria and the enchanting Black Forest. Castle-topped hills, snow-capped peaks, and foam-topped pilsners present the sweetest of sights while traditional Black Forest Cake and Nuremberg Gingerbread are your just desserts.
Call (570) 963-2020 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15593896
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Frankfurt||Welcome to Frankfurt! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at a local restaurant. (D)|
|Day 2||FRANKFURT-COLOGNE||RHINE RIVER Scenic cruise.COLOGNE Visit the cathedral. [LF] Enjoy a beer at the Colner Hofbrau Fruh, one of Cologne's famous breweries. (B,D) 155 mi / 250 km|
|Day 3||COLOGNE-BERLIN||COLOGNE High-speed first-class ICE train ride to Berlin.BERLIN Guided sightseeing includes the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church and picture stops at Brandenburg Gate and the Holocaust Memorial. (B,D) 367 mi / 590 km|
|Day 4||Berlin||BERLIN Free day. (B)ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Berlin with an excursion to Potsdam. This and many more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time with your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 5||BERLIN-DRESDEN||DRESDEN Free time for lunch. Orientation walk features the Zwinger Palace Courtyard. (B)137 mi / 220 km|
|Day 6||DRESDEN-BAYREUTH-NUREMBERG||BAYREUTH Orientation tour of Wagner's city of festival.NUREMBERG Walking tour includes the Old Town. [LF] Dinner with local specialties at the Bratwurst Roslein restaurant. (B,D) 205 mi / 330 km|
|Day 7||Nuremberg-Rothenburg-Munich||ROTHENBURG Orientation walk. Free time to browse before continuing to Munich. (B) 205 mi / 330 km|
|Day 8||Oberammergau||MUNICH Guided sightseeing includes Marienplatz with its Old and New Town Halls. (B,D) 56 mi / 90 km|
|Day 9||Oberammergau||OBERAMMERGAU Free day. (B)|
|Day 10||OBERAMMERGAU-NEUSCHWANSTEIN-LINDAU-BIRNAU-BLACK FOREST||NEUSCHWANSTEIN Guided visit to King Ludwig's castle.LINDAU Visit the island on Lake Constance.BIRNAU Visit the Baroque church.BLACK FOREST Traditional Schwarzwaldkuchen (Black Forest cake) tasting during dinner. (B,D) 242 mi / 390 km|
|Day 11||Black Forest-Heidelberg-Frankfurt||BLACK FOREST Woodcarving demonstration at your hotel.HEIDELBERG Walking tour of the Old Town includes a funicular ride to visit the castle.FRANKFURT Farewell dinner at your hotel. (B,D) 199 mi / 320 km|
|Day 12||Frankfurt||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).