Brochure Type: Preview USA Canada and Central America 2022
There's a sense of nautical charm in this unique part of the world. Coincidentally, shaped like a fish-hook, you'll be mesmerised by New England's chic waterfronts, sailing history and summer playgrounds. From stepping onboard an 80-foot schooner in Newport, to trying regional delicacies in Cape Cod, this mouth-watering trip will not only tempt your taste buds, but leave you longing for a move to the coast.
- Boston: At 18:00, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner with wine and an opportunity to mingle with fellow guests.
- Sandwich: Relax at your charming inn tonight and indulge in a Dinner with wine.
- Marthas Vineyard: Tonight's Sea-to-Table Highlight Dinner at Bettini Restaurant is sure to delight with the season's freshest offerings from local farms, fishing boats, foragers and markets.
- Newport: Meet your new friends in the evening for a seafood Celebration Dinner with wine, where you can share the highlights of your trip.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B) and 4 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Plymouth: Further your knowledge on the struggles the early settlers faced at Plimoth Plantation. This living memorial is dedicated to the Pilgrim Fathers and historical education of the public on how early settlers lived, expanded their settlements and interacted with their environment and the Wampanoag People.
- Newport: Explore in nautical style onboard the Adirondack II, an 80-foot (24 metre) schooner, as you cruise around the coastline.
- Boston: See Boston's red-brick Freedom Trail come to life as your Travel Director leads you through this historic walking tour.
- Plymouth: Visit Pilgrim Hall Museum, the oldest continuously operating public museum in the country and America's museum of Pilgrim possessions. Meet a direct descendant of the Mayflower party that landed on America's shores in 1620 and hear their family stories.
- Sandwich: Experience the techniques of the English and Irish glassmakers at the Sandwich Glass Museum.
- Cape Cod: Tour the Cape Cod National Seashore and see the pristine sandy stretches and blue water.
- Martha's Vineyard: Visit Oak Bluffs with its 'gingerbread cottages' and tour the island.
- Newport: Visit the Breakers, the grandest of Newport's summer cottages.
- Scenic Drives: Travel along Ocean Drive in Newport, Rhode Island. Enjoy the natural beauty of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (570) 963-2020 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15546243
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Boston||Boston, the Cradle of Liberty.: Welcome to Boston, described by many as the most European city in the U.S. You can expect a thriving art scene, delicious of seafood delicacies and plenty of charm! On arrival, you'll transfer from Boston Logan International Airport to your downtown hotel, the Hyatt Regency Boston. You are just steps from Boston's most desirable area-attractions such as the Boston Common, Faneuil Hall, and Boston's famous shopping destination, Newbury Street. A 10 to 15 minute walk will bring you to the South End, Back Bay or the Charles River Esplandade. At 18:00, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner with wine and an opportunity to mingle with fellow guests. (Dinner with Wine)|
Hyatt Regency Boston.
|Day 2||Boston||Historic Boston.: Explore the city with your Travel Director and learn about the city's transformative past. You'll follow part of the red-brick Freedom Trail that brings the story of the American Revolution to life. Sights include Boston Common, the Old Corner Bookstore and the Bunker Hill Monument in Charlestown.View the colourful neighbourhoods of Back Bay and historic North End, otherwise known as Boston's Little Italy. Make sure you try the neighbourhood's famous canolis and grab yourself some of the best espresso in town. From hitting the shops to exploring the area's art galleries and patio cafes, the rest of the day is free to pursue your own interests. (Breakfast)|
|Day 3||Sandwich||Pilgrim heritage and on to Sandwich.: This morning you will discover Plymouth's history as the first pilgrim settlement. Visit Pilgrim Hall Museum, the oldest continuously operating public museum in the country and America's museum of Pilgrim possessions. Meet a direct descendant of the Mayflower party that landed on America's shores in 1620 and hear their family stories. Further your knowledge on the struggles the early settlers faced at Plimoth Plantation. This living memorial is dedicated to the Pilgrim Fathers and historical education of the public on how early settlers lived, expanded their settlements and interacted with their environment and the Wampanoag People. Later you'll get to know the Cape more intimately as you make your way to the coastal haven of Sandwich. Experience the techniques of the English and Irish glassmakers at the Sandwich Glass Museum. Relax at your charming inn tonight and indulge in a Dinner with wine. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Dan'l Webster Inn and Spa, Sandwich.
|Day 4||Sandwich||Sandwich, oldest town on the Cape.: Meet a park ranger at Salt Pond on Cape Cod's National Seashore and learn about the natural wonder and human history represented on the Cape, from its First People and European settlement to modern lifestyles and communication technology. An optional experience on the Sand Dunes of the National Seashore may present itself later today. Roll through the Peaked Hill Bars Historic District Sand Dunes, catching sight of Pilgrim Lake and the famed artists' dune shacks while Local Experts share the history and ecology of these striking and inspiring dunes. If you prefer, the afternoon also offers the chance to whale watch with expert naturalist guides. Your evening is at leisure. (Breakfast)|
|Day 5||Martha's Vineyard||Martha's Vineyard, a Presidential Paradise.: Board a ferry this morning to Martha's Vineyard. Home to pristine sandy beaches, outdoor attractions and heavenly harbour towns, this summer hangout is no stranger to presidential visits. The island has hosted the Clintons and the Obamas, while the former U.S. First Lady, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, maintained a home here. After disembarking, make your way to Oak Bluffs, known for its rainbow-coloured, gingerbread-like cottages with gothic storybook decorations, high-peaked roofs, and dainty verandas. You'll also find the oldest operating platform carousel in America here. Get acquainted with the island accompanied by your driver guide, before reaching your hotel. Tonight's Sea-to-Table Highlight Dinner at Bettini Restaurant is sure to delight with the season's freshest offerings from local farms, fishing boats, foragers and markets. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Harbor View Hotel, Martha's Vineyard.
|Day 6||Nantucket Island||Nantucket Island.: Depart Martha's Vineyard in style on a high-speed catamaran for the picturesque island of Nantucket. Not only has it retained the charm of a bygone era, it is one of the most exclusive coastal communities in the U.S. During your visit, take in the beauty of the antique cobblestone streets, lined with high- end boutiques and breathtaking architecture. The simple homes date back to its whaling days which also in?uenced much of the culture on the island. In the past, the style of home directly correlated to a whaler's ranking. Return to the mainland in the late afternoon to relax at your beachfront hotel. (Breakfast)|
Hotel Viking, Newport.
|Day 7||Newport||Newport, the Queen of Summer Resorts.: The elegant town of Newport is lined with the Gilded Age mansions of America's wealthiest families. Visit the Breakers, the grandest of Newport's summer cottages and a symbol of the Vanderbilt family's social and ?nancial pre-eminence during the late 19th century. The seaside city is also famous for being the home of the America's Cup for more than 50 years and is known as the Sailing Capital of the World. Explore in nautical style onboard the Adirondack II, an 80-foot (24 metre) schooner, as you cruise around the coastline. You'll sail out and pass some of the nearby islands, old historical buildings and homes of the rich and famous, as you learn about the region's exciting history, including its pirate activity. In the evening, enjoy a Celebration Dinner at La Forge Casino restaurant, known for local fare, fresh seafood and many New England favourites. Afterwards you'll head back to your boutique hotel, registered with the Historic Hotels of America. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 8||Boston||Back to Boston.: It's time to say goodbye to your fellow travellers as you return to Boston. For those heading home there will be complimentary transfers to Boston Logan International Airport, arriving at 14:00. Alternatively, you may return to the Hyatt Regency Boston if you wish to extend your stay. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Notes: This is a 2022 Preview itinerary. Please refer to the booking conditions page for full terms and conditions.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class