Brochure Type: USA & Canada 2018
Spectacular Denali National Park, calving glaciers and abundant wildlife combine to create the ultimate Alaskan experience.
Additional Included Highlights
- Anchorage: Enjoy a guided orientation tour of the downtown area
- Denali National Park: See Mt Denali.
- Anchorage: Enjoy a Welcome Dinner at MUSE, located in the Anchorage Museum.
- Denali: A night of fun, festivity and food awaits during your Highlight Dinner. Get a taste of old-time Alaska at a boisterous theatre dinner.
- Mount Alyeska: Enjoy a Celebration Dinner featuring a variety of local seafood specialities and wine.
- Included Quality Dining: 6 Full Breakfasts (FB), 2 Lunches (L), 4 Dinners (D) with wine (DW).
- On-Board Glacier Discovery Cruise: 7 Full Breakfasts (FB), 6 Lunches (L) and 7 Dinners (D)
- Anchorage: At the largest float plane base in the world, interact with a local bush pilot who will regale you with tales of the joys and challenges of flying in rural Alaska.
- Anchorage: Expand your understanding of Alaska's first people with a private presentation at the renowned Alaska Native Heritage Center.
- Denali: Learn about the National Park's wildlife and ecosystem, accompanied by a local climber.
- Girdwood: Enjoy a chance to meet the dogs of a championship dog musher and learn about Alaskan Huskies and Arctic dog sleigh racers.
- Seward: Visit the aquarium and learn about the wildlife rescue efforts with a researcher from the Alaska SeaLife Center.
- Anchorage: The Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa is one of the finest accommodations in the city.
- Denali: The Grande Denali Lodge offers panoramic views of the entire canyon.
- Alyeska: The luxurious Hotel Alyeska is nestled in a lush valley surrounded by mountain peaks, hanging glaciers, and spectacular ocean views.
- Alaskan Railroad: Relax on this flagship train and enjoy stunning scenery, all the way to Denali National Park and Preserve.
- Prince William Sound: Experience the thunderous sounds of calving glaciers on your cruise.
- Girdwood: Ride a gondola to the top of the ski area for panoramic views of the mountains.
- Our highly-skilled Insight Tour Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend in a foreign land.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat touring coach, with extended Business Class legroom and on-board restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included; you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus, we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish - a local tidbit representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Complimentary transfers from and to Vancouver International Airport are available only on arrival and departure days. Should your flights not coincide with these transfers, or additional accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations, charged transfers are available. Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (570) 963-2020 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14020254
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Anchorage||Anchorage, the City of Lights and Flowers.: Upon arrival at Anchorage International Airport, you will be transferred to your hotel. At 18:00, join your Tour Director for a Welcome Dinner at MUSE, located in the Anchorage Museum. (Dinner with Wine)|
Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa
|Day 2||Anchorage||Anchorage Sightseeing.: Get acquainted with downtown Anchorage. Journey around Lake Hood to visit the largest float plane base in the world. Meet a bush pilot who will share fascinating stories about the joys and hazards of flying in rural Alaska. Visit the Alaska Native Heritage Center and learn about the traditions of Alaska's first people during a private presentation. The rest of the afternoon is yours to browse among the shops or native art galleries. In the evening, savour dinner at a local restaurant. (Full Breakfast / Dinner)|
Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa.
|Day 3||Journey Along the Alaskan Railroad||Journey Along the Alaskan Railroad.: Journey to Talkeetna, nestled at the base of Mount Denali, North America's tallest peak. After a brief visit to downtown, board the world-famous Alaskan Railroad train for a spectacular journey over swift-rushing streams, toward Denali National Park and Preserve. View the majestic surroundings from the comfort of your dome railcar. Meet a local climber who will regale with you tales of what it's like to brave a climb up Denali. Enjoy a Highlight Dinner accompanied by boisterous theatre, featuring old-time sourdough, song-and-dance and hearty Alaskan fare. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Grande Denali Lodge
|Day 4||Denali National Park||Denali National Park, the Crown Jewel of the Alaskan Wilderness.: (Relaxed Start) The 6-million-acre Denali National Park and Preserve is just a short walk away from your hotel. The day is completely open for recreation or optional activities. Perhaps take an exciting rafting trip down the Nenana River, or a helicopter flightseeing tour for close-up views of Mount Denali? (Full Breakfast)|
Grande Denali Lodge.
|Day 5||Girdwood||Girdwood and Mount Alyeska.: Enjoy a scenic journey on the George Parks Highway. After lunch, meet the champion dog team of four-time Iditarod winner, Martin Buser and learn about the challenges of competing in the 1,049-mile (1,688 km) dogsled race. Continue on the Seward Highway along Turnagain Arm with its dramatic views. Arrive in the town of Girdwood, home of Alyeska Resort and ski area. Ride the aerial gondola for panoramic views of the mountains and sea. The evening is free for you to enjoy. (Full Breakfast / Lunch)|
The Hotel Alyeska.
|Day 6||Girdwood||Prince William Sound Cruise.: (Relaxed Start) Today is devoted to the 26 Glacier Cruise through Prince William Sound and College Fjord. Experience the thundering calving of glaciers and keep your eyes open for sea otters, porpoises, and whales. In the evening, join your Tour Director for a wonderful Celebration Dinner, featuring a variety of local seafood specialities, complete with wine and good cheer. (Full Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
The Hotel Alyeska.
|Day 7||Seward||Seward, Back to Anchorage.: Visit the Alaska SeaLife Center in Seward and enjoy an exclusive presentation about their marine research and rehabilitation program. Explore downtown at your own pace. Return to Anchorage and transfer to the airport or head to the tour hotel for guests extending their stay. Airport arrival will be at 17:00. Guests continuing on the Glacier Discovery Cruise to Vancouver will be transferred to the Port of Seward to board their Holland America Line cruise and set sail in the evening. (Full Breakfast)|
Holland America Line - ms Noordam or ms Westerdam
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Roommate Matching is not available on Land Tour and Cruise. Single and Triple cruise staterooms are available on a request basis only. Full payment for Land and Cruise is required 80 day prior to departure. Supplements: Prices include Cruise Fees, Taxes & Tips of $590 and are accurate as of 01 May 2017. These compulsory charges are levied by the cruise line and comprise a Non-Discountable Amount, Government Fees, Taxes and Tips/Gratuities - see Terms and Conditions for details. These departures sail on the ms Westerdam. All other departures sail on the ms Noordam. Book Your Air Early: To get the best land & air deal possible!
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class