Brochure Type: Africa 2019
Bush, beach and two vibrant cities - capture the essence of South Africa on this culmination of a Cape Town to Kruger experience, including Johannesburg, the 'City of Gold'.
- City Tour in Cape Town
- View Boulder's Beach penguin colony, Mandela House in Soweto
- Visit Table Mountain, Cape of Good Hope, Franschhoek, Stellenbosch, the Karongwe Private Game Reserve, Hector Pieterson Museum in Soweto, the Apartheid Museum
- 9 hot buffet breakfasts
- 3 lunches (including Be My Guest)
- 5 dinners
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Hand-picked hotels, lodges and luxury safari camps
- Hand-picked Trafalgar Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director, Driver Guide or Trafalgar Representative
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
Call (570) 963-2020 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14014788
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Cape Town||Arrive Cape Town (4 Nights): South Africa's 'Mother City' and her iconic Table Mountain extend a warm welcome as you embark on a journey that will reveal the highlights of South Africa. Spend the day delving into Cape Town's cosmopolitan surrounds before joining your fellow travellers and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception.Welcome Reception|
African Pride 15 On Orange
|Day 2||Cape Town||Table Mountain and Cape Town City Tour: This morning, we encounter Table Mountain first-hand, ascending via aerial cableway to its vast flat top - a rocky wonderland of rich Cape fynbos and curious dassies (hyraxes). Peer over the bustling City Bowl and Atlantic Seaboard keeping a keen eye out for the landmarks your Travel Director will show you during this afternoon's city tour. The rest of the day is yours to explore Cape Town at leisure. Ramble up Bree Street to sample the city's vibrant coffee culture or take a stroll along the Sea Point promenade with the fellow outdoor enthusiasts. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Cape Town||Cape Peninsula Tour: Circumnavigate the Cape Peninsula, from trendy Camps Bay to Cape Point and back. The crashing waves of the Atlantic to your right, the rocky 12 Apostles to your left, wind your way along one of the world's most magnificent coastal roads towards the outcrop that is Africa's most extreme south-western tip. Say a quiet hello to the shy penguins of Boulders Beach, see the Cape of Good Hope and travel through charming coastal towns along the way.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 4||Cape Town||Cape Winelands Excursion and Cape Town Free Time: Venture to the town of Franschhoek and see during your orientation why it is proclaimed as one of the most beautiful wine valleys in the world. In the nearby Stellenbosch Kloof Valley, you'll 'Connect with Locals' over a Be My Guest traditional Cape lunch. Gain insights into the wine heritage of the De Waal family, who have been making wine in this valley since the early 18th century. Join a family member for wine tasting, then explore their beautiful 1791 Cape Dutch Manor House. Return to Cape Town for an evening at leisure.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch|
|Day 5||Kruger National Park Area||Cape Town - Greater Kruger National Park Area (3 Nights): This morning you'll bid farewell to the 'Mother City' and fly to Hoedspruit where a private game reserve near South Africa's great Kruger National Park beckons. Then kick back, relax and settle in to one of Trafalgar's 'Stays with Stories', the Becks Luxury Private Safari Lodge, your home in the bush for the next three nights.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
Becks Luxury Private Safari Lodge
|Day 6||Kruger National Park Area||Karongwe Private Reserve Safari Game Drives: The action begins as we embark on an early morning game drive through Karongwe Private Reserve with a Local Specialist game ranger and Shangaan tracker-guide. The rising sun awakens the birds and insects that share your journey into the bush, as you scour the dense brush for signs of the Big 5. After lunch, and time for a siesta and a swim, return to the bush for an afternoon safari drive.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 7||Kruger National Park Area||Karongwe Private Reserve Safari Game Drives: Today enjoy another full day of game drives through Karongwe Private Reserve. Continue to scour the dense brush with your Local Specialist for incredible encounters with Africa's iconic wildlife. End the day with a traditional sundowner drink overlooking the Game Reserve, keeping your eyes peeled for signs of wildlife that emerge from their cover of darkness.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 8||Johannesburg||Greater Kruger National Park Area - Johannesburg (2 Nights): Our time in the South African bushveld comes to a close with a 'Dive Into Culture' visit to a local Shangaan village. Learn about the traditions and customs of the Shangaan people and how the Eco Academy there provides eco and wildlife education. Fly to Johannesburg and check into one of Trafalgar's 'Stays with Stories' located in the restaurant and entertainment hub of Melrose Arch. Buffet Breakfast|
Protea Fire and Ice
|Day 9||Johannesburg||Johannesburg Sightseeing: Unlock the secrets of the 'city of gold' on a full-day tour to view several iconic sites including the Regina Mundi Church and Mandela's house in Soweto. 'Dive into Culture' during a visit to the Hector Pieterson Museum and the Apartheid Museum, which chronicles South Africa's tumultuous Apartheid years. Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 10||Johannesburg||Depart Johannesburg: Our epic encounter with South Africa's iconic sites comes to an end today. Transfer to Johannesburg International Airport for your onward flight.Buffet Breakfast|
- Air: Airfares are not included in the prices above. Land Only price requires the following intra-trip flights to be purchased separately in order to fulfil the trip itinerary: Day 5 from Cape Town to Hoedspruit - SA8657; Day 8 Hoedspruit to Johannesburg - SA8860. Trafalgar guarantees to quote you the lowest possible airfare available to us on the day that you book.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class