USA and Canada Costsaver 2018: The Big Apple Niagara and Washington DC Summer 2018
Brochure Type: USA and Canada Costsaver 2018
From this nation's proud capital and cradle of power to the tranquil rolling fields of Amish country, where time continues to stand still, this journey takes you over the border to witness up close and personal the powerful and majestic Niagara Falls before culminating in the bustling city that never sleeps-New York, New York-so good they named it twice.
- Lancaster Learn about a simpler way of life from the Amish people with a Local Specialist
- New York City Sightseeing with a Local Specialist to see Broadway, the Empire State Building, the Chrysler Building, Wall Street and the 9/11 Memorial
- New York City Iconic Breakfast at Brooklyn Diner, a classic New York diner, for a real Americana experience
- Niagara Falls Cruise to the base of the breathtakingly beautiful and powerful Horseshoe Falls
- Washington, D.C. Snap photos of some of the most iconic buildings, monuments and memorials in D.C., including the Lincoln, World War II Memorials, the White House and the U.S. Capitol building
- 4 Breakfasts
- Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- An expert Travel Director and separate driver
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
Call (570) 963-2020 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13900790
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Washington, DC||Arrive Washington, D.C. (2 Nights): Welcome to Washington, D.C., the nation's capital. Get settled in at your hotel before meeting your Travel Director this afternoon.|
Courtyard Washington DC/US Capitol
|Day 2||Washington, DC||Washington, D.C. Sightseeing and Free Time: Start your day with an introduction to many of the city's famous landmarks and monuments. See the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, WWII Memorial, The White House, the United States Capitol and other famous sights. The afternoon is free for you to pursue your own interests. Perhaps visit one of the several museums that make up the Smithsonian Institution, the National Gallery, the Air and Space Museum or visit Mount Vernon Estate and Gardens-President Washington's popular plantation home in Virginia. This evening, perhaps join an illumination tour to see the famous monuments lit up at night.Continental Breakfast|
|Day 3||Lancaster||Washington, D.C. - Lancaster: Enter Pennsylvania Dutch farming country, one of the largest settlements of Amish people. With your Local Specialist, learn about the faith, culture and way of life of the Amish people who reject modern technology. Experience one of the most interesting subcultures in the United States firsthand as you visit their farms, bakeries, markets, quilt shops and mills. Perhaps take an optional afternoon buggy ride. This evening, join an optional family-style dinner featuring traditional Amish fare.Continental Breakfast|
Wingate by Wyndham
|Day 4||Niagara Falls||Lancaster - Niagara Falls, Canada (2 Nights): Head northwest, crossing western New York along a portion of the Susquehanna River and through the Appalachian Mountains. Cross the border into Canada and arrive at beautiful Niagara Falls late this afternoon.Continental Breakfast|
Best Western Plus Cairn Croft
|Day 5||Niagara Falls||Niagara Falls Sightseeing and Free Time: Of all the natural wonders east of the Mississippi, Niagara Falls is perhaps the greatest. The majesty, colours and roar of one of the Great Lakes dropping into the next is impossible to describe. See both the Canadian and American falls this morning as you cruise to the base of Horseshoe Falls. his afternoon is free for you to relax or explore further. Perhaps choose to take an optional excursion to quaint Niagara-on-the-Lake where you'll visit a local winery to taste ice wine.|
|Day 6||New York||Niagara Falls - New York City (2 Nights): Cross the border and travel through upstate New York, passing by the Poconos and across New Jersey before arriving at your hotel late this afternoon.|
The Paul, NYC
|Day 7||New York||New York City Sightseeing and Free Time: Enjoy an Iconic Breakfast at the Brooklyn Diner before a guided tour with a Local Specialist. Discover bustling Broadway, the Empire State and Chrysler Buildings, bohemian Greenwich Village, City Hall, Wall Street, Trinity Church and the 9/11 Memorial. The afternoon and evening are free for you to follow your own interests in the Big Apple. There is a wide selection of optionals for you to choose from: a cruise to see the Statue of Liberty, travel via helicopter high above the island of Manhattan or a visit to the "Top of Rock" for amazing rooftop views from Rockefeller Center. This evening, perhaps choose to see the city at night during an illumination tour or explore on your own visiting one of the many restaurants and Broadway shows New York City has to offer.Iconic Breakfast|
|Day 8||Depart New York||Depart New York City: Bid farewell to your Travel Director and newfound friends as your tour comes to an end or extend your stay at The Paul in New York City.|
- Fall Foliage: Enjoy spectacular fall foliage colors on the 21 Sep and 12 Oct 2018 departures (Mother Nature permitting).
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class